Sports Massage & Full Body Massages for Oakland CA
Each of our private VIP rooms are equipped w/ a brand new, state-of-the-art Whirlpool Jacuzzi bath for two, whole room dimming mood lighting, full sized bed, couch, and Logitech I-pod player. A perfect environment to relax, rejuvenate and escape from every day stress.
Applies acupressure and massage to the arms, hands, legs and feet with the intention to affect all or certain other parts of the body. The benefits are improved circulation, detoxification, reduced tension and the body’s ability to heal itself meant to bring about physiological and psychological changes in the body.
- Sweet Dreams Massage - Swedish and Aromatherapy massage of light to medium pressure which increases serotonin levels and promotes total mind and body relaxation. Slip away into a complete tranquility state. Transform an ordinary day into a special occasion!
- Acupressure - blend of acupuncture (without the needles) and pressure. This is a traditional Chinese medicine technique. Physical pressure is applied to acupuncture points by the hand and elbow.
- Swedish Massage - Our “classic massage” style. Most common type of massage therapy in the United States. It consists of 5 styles of long, flowing stokes. Sliding or gliding, kneading, rhythmic tapping, friction, and vibration or shaking. Swedish massage reduces pain and joint stiffness, and with a sustained course of treatment improves function in patients with arthritis.
- Deep Tissue - targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. The therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques across the muscle grain. Deep tissue massage is used for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, postural problems, or recovery from injury. Some soreness may follow for a day or two after a deep tissue massage.
- Aromatherapy - a holistic treatment for the body with pleasant smelling natural scents and essential oils, which are extracted from herbs, flowers, resin, woods, and roots. At Spoil Yourself we use aromatherapy stress relief with eucalyptus spearmint. RELAX & THINK CLEARLY. Eucalyptus essential oil clears the mind while spearmint essential oil uplifts moods and emotions and when absorbed in the skin it disperses throughout the body to promote healing.
- Shiatsu Massage - Derived from traditional Oriental medical theory, Shiatus is the practive of applying the fingers and hands along the points and meridians (energy pathways) of acupuncture to balance the energy in the body. Benefits include stimulating circulation, promoting harmonious function of the nervous system and muscular suppleness, stimulating the proper functioning of the internal organs and simply creating a feeling of well being.
- Prenatal Massage - A Swedish, Shiatsu, feather stroke and gentle rocking style bodywork focusing on the common imbalances occurring during pregnancy. We will address the entire back, hip joints, legs, feet, issues of water retention and anything else the mother-to-be is feeling. Deep work on contra-indicated pregnancy points is avoided. This is also a wonderful way for the pregnant woman to feel complete, since the belly is usually the focus for the duration of the pregnancy.
- Sports Massage - A therapeutic, invigorating massage that includes stretching and compression techniques. Our goal is to rehabilitate soft tissue dysfunction, promote flexibility, reduce swelling and relieve muscle tension and fatigue. At Spoil Yourself Spa, our Director of Massage, Morgan, offers therapeutic massages based on principles of traditional Chinese Medicine. Morgan’s training began over 40 years ago, and he has extensive experience in diagnosing skeleton-muscular injuries and ailments and addressing them through massage. Many of his clients report they were unaware of conditions that Morgan identified and most observe improved function and greater comfort following treatment. His massage techniques are not painful – and he will readily adapt the pressure he applies to your comfort level – but he employs certain techniques oriented at correcting physiological conditions rather than an immediately blissful state. The bliss comes later, when you feel better and move more easily.
- Hot Stone Massage - This ancient form of massage uses smooth, heated stones to produce a deeply soothing and relaxing massage. The heat from volcanic stones penetrates deep into tense muscles while the therapist uses massage techniques to induce a deep level of relaxation.